Search This Blog

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Atlas of skeletal muscles



This unique atlas is a study guide to the anatomy and actions of human skeletal muscles. It is designed for use by students of anatomy and physiology, physical therapy, chiropractic, medicine, nursing, physical education, and other health-related fields. This concise, compact reference shows the origin, insertion, action, and innervation of all human skeletal muscles. Date: 2006-03-31 Rating: 4
Review: Student's Review
I'm currently a student, and when my professor showed me this book I was hooked. It's great for it's simplicity. I can pay 10 bucks for a huge chart that shows me every single muscle in the body all at once. But I need more than that. I need every single muscle's origin, action, insertion and innervations. So I rushed home to order a copy of this book. Knowing that it'll be a great help with my studies!
Date: 2003-02-10 Rating: 3
Review: Clarity of display
Atlas of Skeletal muscles is a basic book on anatomy which clearly illustrates each of the skeletal muscles in line drawing form. Bones to which the muscles attach are highlighted so you can clearly see point of origin and insertion. Small text section beneath or beside each illustration demonstrates Origin, Insertion, Action and connecting nerve.
It's spiral binding allows the book to lay flat when needed for ease of study. A basic, beginner book for students of anatomy, and one which I would reccomend. It was a textbook of mine in Massage Therapy school.
Date: 2001-05-08 Rating: 5
Review: Most-frequently-consulted anatomy book on my shelves
I have used this book constantly since I bought it for my human anatomy dissection lab a few years ago. The clarity it provides by giving each muscle its own illustration is unparalleled. The summary pages are excellent as well. I recommend this to my fellow yoga teachers and students, and use it frequently in the classes I teach.





Atlas of skeletal muscles (2000) - STONE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Popular Posts

Follow Me On Twitter

My Facebook

RSS

Followers